The October, 2013 meeting was called to order by President Tom, N0AG, at 6:48 pm (2348 UTC).
Nomination of club officers for next term
- The December meeting will consist of the Christmas party at the home of Jeff, AC0C. on December 15 with dinner expected to start about 6pm. There will be no meeting at the end of December. Jeff has asked for any ideas for food and radio related activities for that dinner.
- Tom, N0AG, plugged the ARRL Midwest Division Convention coming November 8 and 9, 2013 in Lebanon, MO. A show of hands showed that quite a few members planned to attend.
- Tom, N0AG , reported that he has the W0AR contest status reports and most of the races are pretty tight with some pretty high scores.
- The K9W Wake Island dxpedition has been delayed about a month due to the government shutdown.
The FT5ZM Amsterdam Islands activity is on schedule.
- President Tom Laux, N0AG, opened nominations for officers. The following members were nominated for office:
- Treasurer, Mike Crabtree, AB0X
- Secretary, Charles Hett, K0THN
- President, Jeff Blaine, AC0C
- Vice President, Bill Henderson, K0VBU
- President, Russ Woirhaye, K0VXU
- Vice President, Eddy Paul, KY0F
Nominations will close after the November 25th meeting. Additional nominations may be sent to Tom, N0AG, before the November 25th meeting. Online voting will then be open until December 31. K0VBU, K0VXU, AC0A comprise the ballot counting committee.
- General discussion followed with topics such as IOTA, SOTA, and 10 meter activity being discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Charlie Hett, K0THN, KCDX Club Secretary
May, 2013 (First Monday in June)
No Minutes for Christmas Party December 2012 Meeting