Nihiles Ante Unum!
(Zeroes before Ones!)
The 2013 edition of the KCDX Club Tom Hammond (NØSS) memorial Contest begins at 0000 UTC on January 1, 2013 and runs through 2359 UTC on December 31, 2013. The goal is to make as many contest based contacts and multipliers as possible. A downloadable Microsoft Excel® template will be available that may be filled in and e-mailed to a special address as your log entry. See the KCDX Club website (http://www.kcdxclub.com) for details. These are the 2013 rules for the KCDXC (NØSS) Tom Hammond DX Contest:
Purpose: To promote contest activity on the bands and to provide friendly competition among the amateur radio community.
Rules: 2013 KCDXC (NØSS) Contest
(1) Activity period: The KCDX Club (NØSS) Tom Hammond Memorial Contest is a year-long activity, beginning at 0000 UTC January 1, 2013 and ending at 2359 UTC December 31, 2013.
(1a) Eligibility: This Contest is open to all Licensed Amateurs who are members of the
KCDX CLUB. To become a member visit www.kcdxclub.com and click the membership button.
(1b) Membership Requirements: To be considered a KCDX Club member dues must be paid by June 1st, 2013.
(2) Frequencies: Any authorized amateur frequency may be used. Contacts through repeaters or satellites are not allowed for credit, nor are contacts with maritime or aeronautical mobile stations. All contacts must be made entirely over amateur radio frequencies—i.e., Echolink-type contacts or IRLP do not count.
(3) Modes: Three modes will be recognized in the NØSS CONTEST—CW, SSB, and Digital.
(4) Categories: All awards are for single operator. Entries must be made under your call from your home station. There are three categories of entry:
All contacts must be made without assistance of any sort, including, but not limited to, lists, passes, or use of higher power than the chosen category. Use of spotting nets such as a DX Cluster® is allowed.
This is a contest based competition. Any public contest (48 hours maximum) published in QST, CQ or WA7BNM contest calendar is eligible. Each individual contest will be tabulated by the total number of QSO’s made and the total number of multipliers achieved. Example:
ARRL DX SSB 1451 Q’s. – 107 mults.
CQ WW CW 1986 Q’s – 406 mults.
NCJ NAQP RTTY 776 Q’s – 163 mults.
TOTALS 4213 Q’S X 676 MULTS
CLAIMED SCORE IS ….2,847,988 pts
Each Q=1pt Each Mult =1pt QxM=Score
The NØSS score is: The sum of Q’s in all contests multiplied by the sum of all Multipliers in all contests.
(6) Submissions: Submissions must be made electronically, via e-mail. All scores must be received by January 15, 2014.
(7) Verification: QSL’s are not required. The operator is expected to claim contacts only from stations the operator has every reason to believe are legitimate, and only to claim contacts in which an accurate two-way exchange was clearly
accomplished. Decisions of the KCDX Contest Committee are final.
(8) Claimed Scores: Competitors are encouraged to submit claimed scores to the KCDX Contest website at 90 day intervals.
The individual category winner is required to submit his/her contest logs upon request.
(9) Results: The final listing of official scores will be posted on the KCDX Contest website. (11) Awards:
Certificates: Certificates will be issued to the winners from each ARRL Section. Where there is sufficient activity, additional certificates may be issued for other high scorers.
The KCDXC Contest Committee will award plaques to the top scorer in each category. Additional sponsors are welcome.
(12) In all cases, the rulings of the KCDXC Contest Committee and the KCDXC Contest Committee Chairman are final.
Entry (Submission) deadline for the 2013 KCDX Club (NØSS) TOM HAMMOND Regional DX Contest is January 15, 2014.